2004 Kia Sorento Transfer case

RICKSCHUMAKER
  • 2004 KIA SORENTO
When turning at slow speeds (parking lot maneuvers), the rear wheels were binding up really badly. At times would bring the vehicle to a complete stop. I had the transfer case disconnected by cutting a wire to the transfer case. Vehicle runs fine, and I don't care about having 4wd at this point. Question is, will this have an effect on my transmission? I'm just trying to make this thing last as long as possible.
Thursday, August 20th, 2015 AT 5:27 AM

It won't hurt the 4wd but you may have a wheel bearings bad in car causing the binding or something in tcase doing it. It will set a code with the wire cut however.
Thursday, August 20th, 2015 AT 5:36 AM
RICKSCHUMAKER
Yes, I now have a flashing light indicating the transfer case is inop. Its not a bearing, as everything is fine now and the vehicle drives fine. I just want to make sure that I'm not doing additional damage to the transmission itself.
Thursday, August 20th, 2015 AT 5:41 AM
Nope
Thursday, August 20th, 2015 AT 6:26 AM