CONNECT 1.8 TDCI WONT START

2004 Ford Transit

scotsy

December, 19, 2011 AT 9:24 PM

I have changed the fuel pump and injectors (re-programmed)although these were used ones from ebay when the van is towed it starts and runs spot on. Ive drove round the streets in it for half an hour no probs and no glowplug light flashing but soon as I turn it off it wont start again. Since then ive re-placed crank, cam, map, eng temp sensors to no avail. When I first tried to start it the starter motor jammed up and shorted the 70amp fuse.I changed starter motor (scrap yard)and fuse. Could you please help me. Ps ive had timing checked (ok)and diagnostics only come up with crank sensor which was then re-placed. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

hmac300

December, 19, 2011 AT 11:23 PM

Your crank sensor may have a bad pin connection at sensor or pcm. You'll have to check that.

Zdennal

February, 19, 2012 AT 11:51 AM

Hi, I have the same issue and have done everything like you so far. Have you figured it out? Thanks.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test