NEED TO BYPASS MY AC COMPRESSORNEED TO KNOW WHAT...

2004 Ford Taurus

Anonymous

February, 18, 2013 AT 6:45 PM

Need to bypass my a/c compressor, need to know what size belt to accomplish this.

February, 19, 2013 AT 7:06 AM

DOES THE A/C PULLEY LOCK UP WHEN YOU TURN ON THE A/C OR A HEAT MODE THAT USES THE DEFROST MODE?

DOES THE PULLEY SPIN FREE, AS LONG AS THE ABOVE STUFF IS NOT ON?

REASON I'M ASKING

THE CLUTCH IS ON THE FRONT OF THE COMPRESSOR, IT HAS A PULLEY ON IT----IT WILL SPIN FREE WHEN A/C OR DEFROST IS "OFF"----WHEN EVERYTHING IS NORMAL

IF THE "CLUTCH OR BEARINGS IN IT" ARE BAD----THE PULLEY WILL NOT TURN AT ALL (CLUTCH LOCKED UP). BUT THE COMPRESSOR MAY BE A-OKAY!

SO WHAT I'M GETTING AT HERE ISIF THE CLUTCH WILL FREE-WHEEL JUST FINE.A/C AND DEFROST ARE OFF. SIMPLY REACH DOWN IN THERE AND UNPLUG THE A/C CLUTCH WIRE!

NOW IT WILL STILL SPIN FREEIT JUST WON'T ENGAGE WHEN YOU TURN THE CONTROLS TO A/C OR DEFROST. IT CAN'T, IT'S NEVER GONNA GET THE SIGNAL/ POWER TO IT

YES, YOU STILL WILL NOT HAVE "A/C"---DEFROST WILL STILL WORK. JUST NOT AS FAST

YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO MODIFY NOTHING. ONLY UNPLUG THE WIRE. EVERYTHING ELSE REMAINS THE SAME

IF IT IS THE CLUTCH PULLEY HAS GONE BAD (MEANING THE COMPRESSOR MAY STILL BE FINE) YOU CAN BUY A NEW ONE. MAYBE CLOSE TO AS CHEAP AS A BYPASS PULLEY AND BELT.A BAD COMPRESSOR IS A MORE EXPENSIVE FIX, BUT WHAT I TOLD YOU ABOVE ABOUT UNPLUGGING THE CLUTCH (ON THE FRONT OF THE COMPRESSOR) WILL ELIMINATE IT EVER COMING ON. SO IT WON'T MATTER IF THE COMPRESSOR IS LOCKED UP

DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz