AC COMPRESSOR WONT ENGAGE

• stevendiesel4328
  • 1999 Ford Taurus

I have added 34 oz of freon, checked the fuse and relay and both are good; pushed on the ac clutch with engine running and my compressor will not engage. I tried to jump the pressure and cut out switch (switch on evap) and still nothing. I have not checked the clutch plug yet. Any ideas of what it could be or am I going in the right direction?

Thursday, June 14th, 2012 AT 6:27 AM

• mhpautos

Try powering up the A/C clutch and see if the system operates, let me know what happens.

Thursday, June 14th, 2012 AT 7:31 AM
  • stevendiesel4328

Again, double checked relays and fuses, all are good. I have power to the ac cycle switch, jumped and I have power to the high pressure switch. I hot wired the clutch itself and nothing. I left my test light in light to make sure the circuit completed and it did. I am assuming bad clutch. Sound right?

Thursday, June 14th, 2012 AT 9:41 PM
  • mhpautos

Faulty clutch by the sounds of things.

Thursday, June 14th, 2012 AT 10:25 PM
  • stevendiesel4328

Thats what I thought, thanks for the help. I will have time to replace it next month. If anything doesnt work i'll be asking more.

Thursday, June 14th, 2012 AT 10:27 PM