LOUD CLICKING NOISE IN THE DASH OF

2004 Ford Explorer

benuehead

March, 24, 2012 AT 10:39 PM

When I start the car there is a rapid clicking noise coming from under the dash. This occurs with the heat and airconditioning controls in the off position. I changed the actuater and the blend door motor and its still happening.

fixitmr

March, 24, 2012 AT 10:46 PM

Can you tell what area/side of dash this is happening on?

fixitmr

March, 24, 2012 AT 10:48 PM

Is everything with Ac/heater working ok/properly?

benuehead

March, 24, 2012 AT 11:03 PM

This all started with a loud rapid clocking noise and no heat in the center to drivers side under dash.

fixitmr

March, 25, 2012 AT 12:11 AM

Any other coincident events take place when/prior to this started happening? For instance like battery change

fixitmr

March, 25, 2012 AT 1:10 AM

Can you feel replaced components to see which if either is making the noise?

benuehead

March, 25, 2012 AT 3:37 PM

Thank for replying, it turns out I was given the wrong actuator motor. TWICE! I tore the dash apart three time and can now change an actuator motor in 45 minutes. Note: always ask counter person to verify of the moter is for an automatic or a manual heating and cooling system. If they tell you the motor looks different because it's aftermarket, make them check again. After putting in this last motor everything is fine. The blend door wasn't in need of changing. I don't know what price to put on aggravation but to have the local mechanic do the jub would have been $950.00 that I just didn't have. Thanks again for your reply!

fixitmr

March, 26, 2012 AT 6:48 PM

And thanks for your solution reply!

Engine Oil Change and Filter
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3