Car over heating

  • 62,000 MILES

My car is overheating and there is a huge crack in the hose that connects to the engine on top and then behind it the "T" connector is complely snapped coming from the heater core. It will not hold any water. And im trying to find the names of these hoses. I think the top one is called flow contol valve, and not sure if the oter is the Pressure control valve but im not sure

Do you
have the same problem?
Monday, January 9th, 2012 AT 12:11 AM

1 Reply

  • 3,440 POSTS

You can bypass the heater core for now by running the hoses that feed coolant into it and returned it into the engine bylooping a piece of hose from the output connector to the input connector. However you would have to find out what the T fitting is feeding and find a way tto supply it or cut it out of the coolant circuit. There are usually and in and out connector s on the firewall that go in and out of the heater core. The heater control valve is inline with one of the hoses which is the core intake which is getting coolant from engine and that makes the other the return hose. I have never seen a setup with a T so I need to know where that is going. It may be a feed you could cap loff or a bypass in itseld that could work with another loop of hose.

Was this
Monday, January 9th, 2012 AT 12:54 AM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Recommended Guides