2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer overheating

DWRECC54
  • 2004 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
I have change the motor, the transmission, clutch fan(factory), water pump, raidator, thermostat And its still overheating! Someone please help. I have pretty much have a brand new car under the hood but my car is overheating I dont get it
Monday, July 8th, 2013 AT 4:14 PM

SEANGRANT00
What size engine do you have?

Have you check the temperature sensor?

Also, Chevrolet put out a bulletin to reprogram the PCM because of this.

This is the post.

Condition
Some customers may comment on higher than normal engine coolant temperature gauge
readings when operating the vehicle in very high outside ambient temperatures, and in
stop and go or slow moving traffic.
Cause
Reduced air flow across the radiator and preheated air from stopped or slow moving
driving conditions from traffic congestion may result in normally higher engine coolant
operating temperatures as indicated by the temperature gauge.
Correction
Technicians are to reprogram the PCM with an updated software calibration. This new
service calibration was released with JIS satellite data update version 73 available July 7,
200t As always, make sure your TECH 2(R) is updated with the latest software version
This new calibration win cause the PC?S to command small amounts of additional fan
engagement to control engine coolant temperatures and gauge readings closer to a
customer perception of normal.

A Tech II scan tool will do this, if you cannot get access to one, a dealership will have this. Try this first and let me know.

Sean
Monday, July 8th, 2013 AT 4:50 PM
DWRECC54
Around how should that cost?
Monday, July 8th, 2013 AT 4:59 PM
DWRECC54
V6 4.2. The water in the radiator pretty much evaporates.
+3
Monday, July 8th, 2013 AT 5:01 PM
SEANGRANT00
It shows to be warranty work. Hopefully it should be free. If not, it shouldn't be more then a hundred dollars for them to hook up the scan tool and reflash it.

Sean
Monday, July 8th, 2013 AT 5:34 PM
SEANGRANT00
If you are not seeing any radiator fluid leaking, then it has to be going through the engine and being burned. How much coolant are you losing, or how much are you having to add? If it starts to overheat, don't drive it. You don't want to have to replace the engine again. Did you change the engine out or have someone else do it?

Sean
Monday, July 8th, 2013 AT 5:55 PM
SEANGRANT00
Did you replace the engine yourself or have someone else do it?

Sean
Wednesday, July 10th, 2013 AT 12:52 AM