THAT DIED WHEN IDLES LOW, THIS MORNING WILL NOT START

2003 Saturn Ion

btmtboy

October, 9, 2012 AT 1:31 PM

My daughters car dies yesterday when making a right turn. She was only going about 20 mph, and suddenly the indicator lights came on and the car stalled. Started up without a problem. After school, she tried to start the car and took 2 times to start. Went to take the car to be inspected, the inspector states it died 3 times while it was idleing low during emissions testing.
Now this morning, the car will not start at all. She states her lights come on but the car does not start. So I'm thinking something other than battery?
Any ideas?
Thanks!

hmac300

October, 9, 2012 AT 1:50 PM

Doent' turn over or won't fire? Check your battery for condition scan for codes and check fuel pressure. Also check fuses underhoood

btmtboy

October, 9, 2012 AT 2:52 PM

It will not turn over. The battery was good per my husband, the inspector said he will run free diagnostic test on it. So, I guess we go from there.

hmac300

October, 9, 2012 AT 3:29 PM

Check yor chargins system as well, the battery shold be load tested to make sure it's good. It should read at least 12.4 volts with a digital volt meter.

saturntech9

October, 9, 2012 AT 5:21 PM

Just to add this one is the security light on solid or flashing when it wont start?

btmtboy

October, 13, 2012 AT 4:18 PM

Battery tested fine, diagnostics tested ok. Told throttle body was sticking and oil was seeping through-it was cleaned and ran fine for 2 days. Last night, while slowing down when exiting the freeway, the dashboard lights came (flashing like when you start the car). Once I came to a complete stop, it completely lost power. I was able to start it up and drive home without any problems. Any ideas?

saturntech9

October, 13, 2012 AT 6:41 PM

Will its its idling smack the under hood fuse box and inside fuse box and see if it dies or does anything strange.

btmtboy

October, 15, 2012 AT 2:23 PM

Tried smacking the fuse box while idling, nothing happens. Stalling still-but only when coming to stop @ red light/stop sign and only intermittently. Starts back up without a problem. Stalling finally reproduced by husband this morning--so now he knows we're not crazy! Any other ideas?

hmac300

October, 15, 2012 AT 4:31 PM

Oneother thing I can think of is take a screwdriverhand le and smack thoutside of hte maf sensor. If it quits that may be bad. Otherwise I have on other ideas unelss it's fuel pressure problem.

saturntech9

October, 15, 2012 AT 4:53 PM

That year ion does have a maf sensor. They added one in the later years but no that year. Also when it stalls will it crank right up or does the no power inop starter happen?

saturntech9

October, 15, 2012 AT 4:54 PM

I ment to say that year ion doesnt have a maf seso.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang