MY PONTIAC GRAND AM 2003 HEATER DOES NOT WORK ...

• bellamaria9806
  • 2003 Pontiac Grand Am

My pontiac grand am 2003 heater does not work properly, some day I have full heat, the next I have half heat and another day no heat. Please help me

Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 AT 3:55 PM

• JDL

What is your normal engine operating temp in degrees F? Does the engine reach normal temp? Are the heater hoses hot when problem occurs? Another possibility might be the temp door, under the dash. You would need to visibly/physically check door when problem is ongoing.

Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 AT 4:19 PM
  • bellamaria9806

My temperature is 194 F most of the time, it reach 215 F sometimes but it rare. The heat continue to be alternative whatever the temps of my engine. I try to change the heater mode setting and the heat level setting too but nothing work. I have not checked the heater hoses, I just dont know where beginning to check

Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 AT 4:41 PM
  • JDL

That operating temp is too low. Do you live in an extremely cold area? Your low speed cooling fan won't even turn on till about 223 degrees. Maybe an issue with thermostat stuck open?

Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 AT 6:11 PM
  • bellamaria9806

I'm living in Quebec, in Canada, its extremly cold in the winter, I will check the thermostat position and the heater hoses and if dont have positive results, I will tell you, thank you very much

Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 AT 6:30 PM
  • JDL

No problem.

Wednesday, November 21st, 2012 AT 2:23 AM