Here are the procedures.
ENGINE OIL FILTER REPLACEMENT
Start the engine and allow it to warm up until the temperature of the coolant reaches 80 C (176 F) to 90 C (194 F).
WARNING: Use care as oil could be hot.
1. Remove the engine oil filler cap.
2. Remove the drain plug to drain oil.
3. Use the commercially-available tool to remove the engine oil filter.
4. Clean the filter bracket side mounting surface and ensure the old O-ring has been removed.
5. Apply a small amount of engine oil to the O-ring of the new oil filter.
6. Where the oil filter O-ring touches the oil pan flange, tighten the oil filter to the specified torque using the commercially-available tool.
Tightening torque: Approximately 3/4 turn [14 +/- 2 N.M (124 +/- 18 in-lb)]
7. Install the drain plug and refill engine oil.
8. Rev the engine a few times, and check to be sure that no engine oil leaks from the installation section of the oil filter.
Please consider a to help us answer more questions.
Wednesday, February 16th, 2011 AT 1:52 PM