2000 Mitsubishi Montero HELP!

JEREMIAHBW
  • 2000 MITSUBISHI MONTERO
2000 montero changed oil and filter cranked car and couldn't get any gear to drive. All gears where like they were in neutral. Pressed a/t button and had same reaction. Finally put it in to low gear tacked it slowly to approx 4200 rpm and it moved foward 2 feet and blew large amount of smoke from tail pipe. If you crank car and let idle smoke is at contnuious flow. Then I went to drain the oil out and only about 25% of a quart came out. There are no leaks meaning drain bolt and filter are tight or any noticable sign of leak. I put 4.8 quarts in as manual suggested. Whats going on here! Also still wont move in any gear.
Sunday, February 15th, 2009 AT 8:29 PM

MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

what colour is the smoke, blue is oil burning, I would check the trans oil level and re fill the engine oil and check level before running if smoke is continuous, stop and pull spark plugs and check for a plug that is oil fouled, do a cont test or leak down test on that cylinder to see if you have a ring problem, start here.

Monday, February 16th, 2009 AT 2:46 AM