2003 Kia Sedona Fan works in Rear but not the Front

GELIA
  • 2003 KIA SEDONA
Air Conditioning problem
2003 Kia Sedona Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I want to know is it the motor or Fan belt. How costly will either be or together?
Monday, October 25th, 2010 AT 12:49 PM

WHich fan are you refering to, the blower motor fan or a fan under the hood?
Friday, November 5th, 2010 AT 1:18 PM
GELIA
I dont hear the fan under the hood. But the blower fan works on ther rear vents but not the front.
Sunday, November 7th, 2010 AT 12:48 AM
I believe you are refering to the blower motor fan. It is what blows the air for the heater / AC. It is located under the dash on the passanger side. If it is bad, the part is about 75.00 and figure about 2 hours labor to replace it.

Let me know if it is different. Also, keep in mind, the motor could be good and not getting power as a result of other components.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Monday, November 8th, 2010 AT 7:06 AM
PLINTER1
Follow up to original question. I also have a sedona, but mine is a 2006. Rear fan works just fine. Front fan does not come on with engine start, but by accident my daughter slammed the passenger door and it came on.

It seemed to stay on for a couple of weeks then just recently it has been staying off on engine restart more and more. Also, we have to slamm the passenger door more and more and much harder than we used to.

I need to get it fixed asap as I really do not like slamming the door. Seems to me something sticks and gets jarred loose when the door slams. What could it be and where would I find it to replace. Under the glove box?
Monday, September 19th, 2011 AT 2:27 PM
SCOTTISHMAN
@Plinter1 I have the exact same issue did you ever get an answer
Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 AT 3:32 AM