TEMPERATURE PROBLEM

2003 Kia Optima

nickbell1

August, 5, 2012 AT 5:50 AM

Got a 2003 Kia optima and when at a drive though my car will sometime will show my gauge that my car is running warmer than normal got plenty of fluid and my fans are coming on and my AC will be off when it happens but won't happen all the time

August, 5, 2012 AT 5:52 AM

Check the thermostat and radiator. Do you have coolant losses issues?

nickbell1

August, 5, 2012 AT 5:57 AM

No I don't everything with the fluid is good and fan is working good was told my coolant temperature sending unit

nickbell1

August, 5, 2012 AT 6:03 AM

And I replaced my thermostat and keeps doin it

August, 5, 2012 AT 6:32 AM

When temperature reads higher than normal, how much higher than normal?
Does the fans comes on and stops when the problem occurs? If yes, it could be the sending unit, ground circuit or gauge.

nickbell1

August, 5, 2012 AT 6:39 AM

It will go up all the way if I let it but I don't I can turn the car off and right back on move a couple feet or pit in neutral and give it a little gas and it goes back down and yea the fans come on and off when it happens

August, 5, 2012 AT 7:18 AM

That would indicate a wiring issue rather than actual overheating. Check the ground circuit connections, behind the headlights and sending unit.

saturntech9

August, 5, 2012 AT 7:19 AM

Just to add to this so it will overheat while sitting in the drive thru if you dont take it out of gear and do what you say you do to keep it from overheating?If so I have had a couple of cars like that.

nickbell1

August, 5, 2012 AT 8:29 PM

I changed the thermostat and the coolant temperature sending unit check the wires make sure they are on good still having the problem what else can u doing

saturntech9

August, 5, 2012 AT 9:08 PM

Please answer the questions I ask so I can help you. Does the car only overheat in the drive thru and to make it stop overheating you have to take it out of gear and rev the engine up?

nickbell1

August, 6, 2012 AT 4:55 AM

No it don't I can move up a few feet or turn it off and back on not even a secound later nut only does when parked or when AC is on going at interstate speeds or up a mountain

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Dynamat Door Installation