TEMPERATURE PROBLEM

• nickbell1
  • 2003 Kia Optima

Got a 2003 Kia optima and when at a drive though my car will sometime will show my gauge that my car is running warmer than normal got plenty of fluid and my fans are coming on and my AC will be off when it happens but won't happen all the time

Sunday, August 5th, 2012 AT 5:50 AM

• KHLow2008

Check the thermostat and radiator. Do you have coolant losses issues?

Sunday, August 5th, 2012 AT 5:52 AM
  • nickbell1

No I don't everything with the fluid is good and fan is working good was told my coolant temperature sending unit

Sunday, August 5th, 2012 AT 5:57 AM
  • nickbell1

And I replaced my thermostat and keeps doin it

Sunday, August 5th, 2012 AT 6:03 AM
  • KHLow2008

When temperature reads higher than normal, how much higher than normal?
Does the fans comes on and stops when the problem occurs? If yes, it could be the sending unit, ground circuit or gauge.

Sunday, August 5th, 2012 AT 6:32 AM
  • nickbell1

It will go up all the way if I let it but I don't I can turn the car off and right back on move a couple feet or pit in neutral and give it a little gas and it goes back down and yea the fans come on and off when it happens

Sunday, August 5th, 2012 AT 6:39 AM
  • KHLow2008

That would indicate a wiring issue rather than actual overheating. Check the ground circuit connections, behind the headlights and sending unit.

Sunday, August 5th, 2012 AT 7:18 AM
  • saturntech9

Just to add to this so it will overheat while sitting in the drive thru if you dont take it out of gear and do what you say you do to keep it from overheating?If so I have had a couple of cars like that.

Sunday, August 5th, 2012 AT 7:19 AM
  • nickbell1

I changed the thermostat and the coolant temperature sending unit check the wires make sure they are on good still having the problem what else can u doing

Sunday, August 5th, 2012 AT 8:29 PM
  • saturntech9

Please answer the questions I ask so I can help you. Does the car only overheat in the drive thru and to make it stop overheating you have to take it out of gear and rev the engine up?

Sunday, August 5th, 2012 AT 9:08 PM
  • nickbell1

No it don't I can move up a few feet or turn it off and back on not even a secound later nut only does when parked or when AC is on going at interstate speeds or up a mountain

Monday, August 6th, 2012 AT 4:55 AM