HELLO I AM THIRD OWNER OF THIS LIBERTY

2003 Jeep Liberty

locowolfy

October, 17, 2012 AT 7:53 PM

Hello, I am third owner of this Liberty. It only has key acess through drivers doo. Is this an indication the car was made with a remote opening device? If so, how do I find out? Thanks, Wolfy

Cant Get A Remote To Work

1 IMAGE

Remote Start

October, 17, 2012 AT 8:10 PM

If vehicle is equipped with remote keyless entry system, the Body Control Module would have this attachement.

locowolfy

October, 17, 2012 AT 8:22 PM

If I may be so stupid, (LOL) where is this whole unit located?

October, 17, 2012 AT 8:33 PM

Don't be and never feel that way because I would be more embarassed than you if that is the case as we too have difficulty locating components without the correct information.

The BCM is integral with the junction box located below left end of dash.

locowolfy

October, 17, 2012 AT 8:53 PM

Here we go again! If that module IS there, how do I find a remote that is compatible? Do I get a number OFF the module? OR do I have to take it to a dealer?

October, 17, 2012 AT 9:07 PM

A new fob has to be programmed and that requires a DRB(III) (R) scan tool or equivalent and the best place to go to should be the dealer.

The diagram shows you what to expect.

locowolfy

October, 17, 2012 AT 9:12 PM

How about a "remote alarm installer" type shop? Would they have the same tools? Thanks SO much! Wolfy

October, 18, 2012 AT 7:08 PM

Sorry for the delay in replying. Seems the notification system is down and I was not notified of your reply.

Installers might have the part you are looking for and they shold be able to tell you if your vehicle is equipped with the remote module.

GM Key Fob Programming
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000