CANT REMOVE KEY FROM IGNITION

• deerhunter625
  • 2006 Jeep Liberty

Acts as if the vehicle is not in park the key will not turn back all the way.

Sunday, January 29th, 2012 AT 10:43 PM

• rasmataz

Have the ignition switch cylinder lock checked-try moving the steering wheel L/R while you turn the key and see what happens

Sunday, January 29th, 2012 AT 11:15 PM
  • CJ MEDEVAC

I GOTTA '95 NEON, IT'S OUR "SPARE" CAR

THE DARN KEY DON'T WANNA TURN TO "OFF" AND RELEASE THE KEY

I KNOW WHATS WRONG (SORTA) BUT I'M TOO LAZY TO ATTEMPT A REPAIR

I BOUGHT THE CAR FOR $250. AIR.30 MPG. REALLY DECENT. STEP DAUGHTER "BORROWED" IT FOR FOUR YEARS (UNTIL SHE FIXED HERS!) IT NO LONGER IS "PERTTY". KINDA THE "IT AIN'T MINE ATTITUDE"

THIS ISSUE STARTED PRIOR TO IT BEING TURNED BACK OVER TO ME, SHE JUST LEFT THE KEY IN IT ALL OF THE TIME. AGAIN, THE ATTITUDE THING!

ALONG WITH REAR-ENDED SOMEONE (TEXTING), DESTROYED HEADLINER, STAINED SEATS AND CARPET. EVEN GOT ALL OF THE TRASH THAT WAS LEFT IN IT! WHAT A DEAL!

SOME HOW THERE IS LINKAGE FROM THE LOCK CYLINDER DOWN TO THE TRANSMISSION

THIS LINKAGE WILL NOT LET THE KEY TURN ALL OF THE WAY BACK IF THE TRANNY IS NOT IN PARK.

I FOUND THAT IF YOU RELEASE THE TILT STEERING, AND SORTA GENTLY BOUNCE THE COLUMN UP AND DOWN (MAYBE 2-3 TIMES) THE LINKAGE THAT GETS STUCK, WILL RELEASE AND ALLOW THE KEY TO ROTATE CCW.

THIS DOES NOT DO THIS ALL OF THE TIME, BUT JUST HERE AND THERE

LIKE I SAID, A $250 INVESTMENT, I CAN GET THE KEY OUT! (SO WHY TEAR INTO IT AND SPEND MONEY?)

I'M THINKING ABOUT A 1970'S MILITARY WOODLAND PAINT JOB ON IT, ANYTHING TO DETER SOMEONE FROM WANTING TO BORROW IT.I HAVE ALREADY DISCONNECTED THE RADIO. AND THE A/C. IT IS NOT A "DESIRABLE RIDE" NOW! THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR "SPARE" WHILE I WORK ON THE PRIMARY DRIVERS. WHATCHU THINK ABOUT CAMMY?

Monday, January 30th, 2012 AT 5:19 AM