Testing the resistor requires some modifications and you have to pay attention to every details to get the correct results.
POWER TRANSISTOR TEST
1. Disconnect the 5P connector from the power transistor.
2. Measure the resistance between the No. 1 and. No. 4 terminals of the power transistor. It should be approximately 1.4 - 1.5 kohm.
A) If the resistance is within the specifications go to step 3.
B) If the resistance is not within the specifications replace the power transistor.
3. Carefully release the lock tab on the No. 3 terminal (ORN/BLK) A) in the 5P connector then remove the terminal and insulate it from body ground.
4. Connect a 1.2 - 3.4 W bulb (B) between the No. 3 and the No. 4 cavity on the 5P connector.
5. Reconnect the 5P connector to the power transistor.
6. Turn the ignition switch ON (II) and check that the blower motor runs.
A) If the blower motor does not run replace the power transistor.
B) If the blower motor runs replace the climate control unit.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Sunday, June 3rd, 2012 AT 9:12 AM