I'M REPLACING THE STOCK INTAKE DUCT FOR MY 2003 HONDA ACCORD EX V6

• RobSCV123
  • 2003 Honda Accord

2003 honda accord EX V6. I can't seem to pull off the old one. It's one there really good! Any suggestions?

Wednesday, December 21st, 2011 AT 7:27 PM

• saturntech9

Did you loosen all the clamps?

Wednesday, December 21st, 2011 AT 8:48 PM
  • RobSCV123

Yes.I lossened all the clamps it just seems as if it is glued on. I know it' not glued on it's just really stuck on there good.

Wednesday, December 21st, 2011 AT 9:15 PM
  • saturntech9

Its stuck on the throttle body?Or is the air filter lid giving you trouble?

Wednesday, December 21st, 2011 AT 9:18 PM
  • RobSCV123

It's stock on the Throttle body and the air filter outlet. The air filter lid is not giving me a problem. Also How do I loosen that really skinny coiled clamp that is attached to the air filter outlet?

Wednesday, December 21st, 2011 AT 9:35 PM
  • RobSCV123

I meant to say it's STUCK sorry.

Wednesday, December 21st, 2011 AT 9:36 PM
  • saturntech9

On the throttle body I would use what is called a hose pick its a long 90 degree pointed pick used to loose the opening of hoses stuck on there connections. You just have to becarefull not to put a hole in the hose. Also could use a regular 90 degree pick or small pocket screwdriver. On the air box side it looks like the spring is only used to hold a little tension on the hose. Try just pulling the hose off or try lighly prying it off.

Wednesday, December 21st, 2011 AT 9:44 PM
  • RobSCV123

Great! I'll try that! It's also stuck really good on the vaccum hose as well. Wil the same pic or pocket screwdriver work on that as well? I really appreciate your advice. : -)

Wednesday, December 21st, 2011 AT 9:48 PM
  • saturntech9

Your welcome thats what were hear yes they will just becarefull not to damage the hoses. Let me know how you make out.

Wednesday, December 21st, 2011 AT 9:56 PM
  • RobSCV123

OK! Will do!

Wednesday, December 21st, 2011 AT 10:01 PM
  • RobSCV123

I replaced the air intake duct on Friday. It just took 10 mins and I got the pick set that you mentioned at Wal-Mart for around $5.00 that pulled the hoses right off real nice and it's all back together execpt for the thin spring like clamp on the air filter housing side of the duct. I can't figure out how to get it back on. I can't stretch it enough to put it over the hose. However the duct is on the airfilter housing very tight so I'm thinking when I have the brakes done on the car in a few weeks by my buddy I'll just have him slip that spring clamp on for me real quick. Thank you for all of your help.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 10:31 PM