JERKS

2003 Ford Taurus

pikewn

May, 7, 2014 AT 4:59 PM

Had a bad idle problem. Have had plugs, and wires replaced. Had to have oxygen sensors replaced. One day latter got new code P0172 rich. Had Mass air sensor replaced, still got code then replaced the EGR valve. Idles perfect now, but new problem. Car will jerk backwards when going at a good speed and then letting of the gas.

cadieman

May, 7, 2014 AT 6:26 PM

P0172 is set because one of the injectors is sticking and will to be replaced. You can tell which one it is because the plug turns black. It says it's in baNk 1 so start by pulling the ones by the fire wall. Good luck craig

pikewn

May, 8, 2014 AT 6:09 AM

After the Mass airflow sensor, the egr valve and DPFE were replaced the P0172 went away, now I have the jerk when letting of gas when traveling at any speed above 40mph. I had the transmission rebuilt in September, only has 10,000 since rebuilt, so I hope its not that again, was wondering if after all of this could it be that the computer needs to re-learn the egr valve position or could it be the coil. The coil is the original I think. I bought the car used. All of this started the day after I had the O2 sensors replaced as there was first a code for that prior to the P00172 that I now longer have. The engine light is not on now.

cadieman

May, 8, 2014 AT 8:07 PM

You will need to check all motor and transmission mounts. They can cause this jerking problem.