2003 Ford Explorer Shutter in trani.

BAILEYD3
  • 2003 FORD EXPLORER

Hi! I am thinking about purchasing a 2003 sport trac adrenaline. This evening while I was driving it (i have it on loan) on 3 occasions it right aque converround the time it shifts to overdrive. I have heard so kinda hall effect sensor, torque converter or it possibly just needing a tune up.

Monday, December 16th, 2013 AT 5:51 PM

If it only happens when shifting into OD, it sounds like it could be related to the torque converter. I would recommend having it test driven by a trained transmission mechanic before you purchase it.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "aque converround". Can you explain?

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Tuesday, December 17th, 2013 AT 5:12 AM
BAILEYD3

Thank you for your time in answering this question. That is kind the way I was leaning. I did take it to the Trani shop here in Williston Fl and they are in agreement. Dealer didn't expect a girl to go in knowing her stuff. I service all my own vehicles and can diagnose pretty good too it turns out. :) THANK YOU! They gave me some junk that these models came out with a hard shift in it. BULLLLL a friend of mine owns one and has never had issue.

Tuesday, December 17th, 2013 AT 7:27 AM

Glad to help. Have a great holiday.

Tuesday, December 17th, 2013 AT 7:33 AM