STUTTERS WHEN GETTING ON THE HIGHWAY IN THE MORNING

2000 Ford Explorer

coole041

October, 9, 2012 AT 2:50 AM

The truck will stutter in the am when getting on the highway to go to work. While at work on my break I went to start it and had to crank it 2.5 3 times. When I got off work hours later I noticed I had to give it gas. I took it directly to the shop on my way home. They gave me a paper saying: no check engine light, delay start, sluggish start. We think it is a driveline issue do not have proper equipment to diagnose recommends taking it to a transmission specialist. But it shift fine? Please help.

October, 9, 2012 AT 8:27 AM

Delayed and sluggish start should be the issue here.
Have the spark plugs and related components checked and fuel pressure as well.

coole041

October, 9, 2012 AT 5:53 PM

Well When I start the car it is running great when idle. Water came out of the exhaust today too. But its only in the begining phases of driving when it acts up. But after about 3mins its fine. Im gonna get it looked at this weekend for sure. Anything else that you would recommend? You guys are great!

October, 9, 2012 AT 6:27 PM

If the idling speed is low when engine is started initially, the cold start system could be functionng below par. Try cleaning the throttle body and IAC and see if it helps.