2003 Dodge Neon SXT Heater Core

JDHANNIBAL
  • 2003 DODGE NEON
How do I change a heater core for a 2003 dodge neon sxt? Is there any less complicated ways than the manual describes?
Thursday, December 9th, 2010 AT 10:30 PM

SATURNTECH9
Doesn't look like here's what I have on replacing it you can see how it compare's to your manual. It pay's about 7hrs to replace it.
HEATER CORE

WARNING: ON VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH AIRBAGS. FAILURE TO TAKE THE PROPER PRE-CAUTIONS COULD RESULT IN ACCIDENTAL AIR-BAG DEPLOYMENT AND POSSIBLE PERSONAL INJURY.

WARNING: DO NOT OPEN THE RADIATOR DRAIN-**** OR DISCONNECT COOLANT HOSES WHEN THE SYSTEM IS HOT AND UNDER PRESSURE. SERIOUS BURNS FROM COOLANT CAN OCCUR.

REMOVAL

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Drain the cooling system. Refer to: "Engine, Cooling, and Exhaust : Cooling System : Service and Repair" See: Engine, Cooling and Exhaust Cooling System Service and Repair
3. Evacuate the refrigerant system. Refer to: "Heating and Air Conditioning : Service and Repair" See: Service and Repair
4. Remove the instrument panel. Refer to: Body and Frame, Interior Trim, Dashboard/Instrument Panel, Service and Repair, Instrument Panel Service Procedures, Instrument Panel Assembly Replacement, See: Body and Frame Interior Moulding / Trim Dashboard / Instrument Panel Service and Repair Instrument Panel Assembly
5. Remove the refrigerant lines from the evaporator connections.
6. Remove the heater core coolant supply hoses from the heater core.

INSTALLATION
Refer to HVAC Housing Assembly for heater core installation procedure.
-1
Thursday, December 9th, 2010 AT 11:46 PM