03 Chevy Suburban rough idle

MUNKEY1727
  • 2003 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN
I own a 03 Chevy Suburban 4WD 5.3 liter. About a year ago. Fuel pump quit and was replaced. Since then during start up in cold weather vehicle runs and idles rough…sometimes it will stall…After vehicle warms, runs fine. I have replaced the spark plugs, spark plug wires, and Mass Air Flow senor. I recently purchased a code reader which gave me the following codes P0171- System too lean (Bank1) and Po174- System too lean (Bank 2). Has anybody had the same problem?
Monday, March 14th, 2011 AT 6:58 PM

The coolant temp sensor may cause temp related issues? You can clean throttle-body and iac/idle air control. Use a gage and check fuel pressure, key on engine off, first thing in the morning.
Monday, March 14th, 2011 AT 7:11 PM
NIKLIS10
Sounds like an o2 sensor had problem with a lebaron
Monday, March 14th, 2011 AT 7:37 PM
WRENCHTECH
I want to second JDLs recommendation to test the fuel pressure. This engine is very sensitive to fuel pressure. It requires a minimum of 55 PSI to run.
Monday, March 14th, 2011 AT 8:32 PM
NIKLIS10
That is true he does need to check pressure never hurts. But that is similar to how my lebaron acted and ran fine after o2 sensor was replaced. Can anyone help with stalling problem with my 01 galant?
Monday, March 14th, 2011 AT 8:43 PM
NIKLIS10
Scratch that sorry I did also have to replace my fuel pump as well as my o2 sensor again sorry for the mix up
+1
Monday, March 14th, 2011 AT 8:45 PM
WRENCHTECH
Look niklis10, If you have a problem with your car, start a question about it but please refrain from giving advice to other people on a subject you have no knowledge in. This is not an 0/2 sensor problem.
-1
Monday, March 14th, 2011 AT 8:47 PM
NIKLIS10
Thats why I replyed (SCRATCH THAT SORRY I DID ALSO HAVE TO REPLACE FUEL PUMP AS WELL AS MY O2 SENSOR!) And who are yo to say I have no knowledge in this iv been working on cars BY MYSELF sence I was 13 so I think I might know a thing or 2. And I did post a question I thought when you were done with him you might be nice enough to help me geuss not. And now look what this guy has to look at on his page. But hey thanks wrench and sorry munkey
+1
Monday, March 14th, 2011 AT 9:02 PM
WRENCHTECH
First off, I was typing my response at the same time you were posting your last response so I hadn't seen it yet.
We don't address multiple questions or vehicles within the same question and it's very easy for me to see how much knowledge you have by the advice you give. There are professionals here on staff to handle the answers. You stick with the questions. You're only confusing people.
Monday, March 14th, 2011 AT 9:14 PM