MY STEERING WHEEL IS LOCKED

2002 Saturn L200

TipToe

October, 2, 2011 AT 6:16 PM

.I have tried moving the wheel side to side while turning the key, thats what EVERYONE has told me! What do I do when that doesnt work? My steering wheel won't turn. Right or left at all! I have tried the advice of every friend, neighbor, website ect to move the wheel back and forth while turning the key and I have tied every method they have suggested. What do I do when none of that works?

hmac300

October, 2, 2011 AT 6:34 PM

I'm sending a chart hope you can blow it up enough to read.

saturntech9

October, 2, 2011 AT 7:12 PM

Just to add to this one those cars are known for bad key cylinders when they bind up like that. Heres my secret remove the ignition bezel then lightly tap on the key cylinder hole with a hammer. Then see if the cylinder turns if it doesnt then put the key in the ignitin cylinder then tap on the key lightly and see if the cylinder turns. If it does you need to replace the cylinder and have a fresh key made from the vin number not copy your old won out key. Let me know how it goes.

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Power Steering Fluid Check Acura TSX