THE CAR IDOLS BUT WON'T ACCELERATE

2002 Saturn L200

Charbaby377

November, 7, 2011 AT 3:21 AM

I put new spark plugs in and changed Fuel filter also I cleaned the fuel intake and it still won't accelerate, it bogs down when attempts to accelerate, please help what else can I do

November, 7, 2011 AT 3:25 AM

Refer to this link for additional information: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-hesitates

saturntech9

November, 7, 2011 AT 3:18 PM

Just to add to this one do you have any codes?That is your first step seeing if there are any codes I need the exact code numbers not the code descriptions. If there arent any codes I would then see what the fuel pressure is if thats good I would check exhaust back pressure. Let me know what you find.

Charbaby377

November, 8, 2011 AT 1:53 PM

Hello saturntech9, I cant drive it any where to get it put on the diagnosis machine, the check engine light comes on and goes off, I tried to pull out my yard and it cuts right off when I press on the gas

saturntech9

November, 8, 2011 AT 4:52 PM

If your going to diagnose this your self your going to have to go to the auto parts store and see if they rent a scan tool. Also while your there rent a fuel pressure tester and lets see if your fuel pressure is low. Code readers are really cheap these days I have seen a basic code reader for 40 or under. You have to choices here you can get the tool and we can work thru this or you can call a tow truck and you can get it towed to theshop of your choice. Even if I was there with you I would still have to check stuff and see whats going on. So it idles perfect and when you hit the gas it boggs down and dies?That could also be a clogged exhaust possibly.

Charbaby377

November, 15, 2011 AT 8:41 PM

Hello saturntech9, I have been pulling my hair out trying to find
Out what is going on with this car and I finally found out it was the catalytic converter, thank you for helping me to figure this
Problem out

saturntech9

November, 15, 2011 AT 9:13 PM

Your welcome thats what were here for glad you got it figured out.

November, 16, 2011 AT 2:47 AM

Also you need to find out what causes the Cat to get defective-you find the problem not the cause-

saturntech9

November, 16, 2011 AT 2:57 AM

Its so common for those cats to bad on those cars lol and really no reason for it I have found.

Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet