2002 Grand Prix starting issue

ROB1975
  • 2002 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX
Car starts fine on cold starts. When engine is at normal temp and go to start - just cranks over and over - eventually starts but usually have to use pedal to start. I've had numerous things checked and done including fuel pump and filter - crankshaft sesor, camshaft sensor, ignition control module, idle air control valve, the nlist goes on and nothing seems to solve this problem. Been going on for few years - starting to get fed up. Car will always starts and never lets me down but is just frustrating! Any suggestions?
Saturday, October 29th, 2011 AT 11:29 PM

MERLIN2021
Check the temp sensor (ect). And O2 sensors.
Sunday, October 30th, 2011 AT 4:46 AM
ROB1975
Thanks for reply: I already did the temp sensors and I just had the car emission tested and it passed no problem - so I'm assuming the 02 sensors are fine. The things I listed are just a few things that have been done. Somebody had mentioned a possible scenario: the ignition control module heating up and malfunctioning. Does this sound like a possibility?
Monday, October 31st, 2011 AT 8:12 PM