MITSUBIS HELP?

2002 Mitsubishi Mirage

solbridges

November, 16, 2010 AT 10:49 PM

I drive a 2002 Mitsubishi Mirage. About a month ago I was driving home from work, and I noticed my radio was cutting on an off. I didn't think anything of it, just maybe my CD was messed up. So as I got closer to my house, my car started shuttering, and not wanting to go. When I got home, I tried to crank it, I heard a popping noise, and it wouldn't turn over.

So initally, I thought my battery was dead. So I got a jump, and it started, then died moments later. We tested my alternator. It was only putting out 7 volts of power. So I went and bought a new alternator, and I was excited to get it running. Driving about 10 minutes later, it died. So I had my friend come over, and test it. Alas, only 7 volts of power. So we charged my battery, and I drove home.

This alternator isn't bad, it's brand new, and the third one to do this. So I ask, what could be the problem? The battery is new, and ran off the new battery until it died. So the alternator isn't charging. Could it be a bad ground, and if so, i'm guessing to replace them?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Dr Loot

November, 17, 2010 AT 6:38 AM

I guess the first question I have is, are the battery cables clean? Have you checked the electrical wiring to the alternator? To make sure that it is in good condition. Also you fail to mention with the new alternator what it was charging at?