Lancer overheated

WNABBEFELD
  • 2002 MITSUBISHI LANCER
My 2002 mitsubishi lancer overheated and the radiator had to be replaced and we put a new thermostat in. It starts and runs fine sometimes, but sometimes it is very difficult to start and keep running. This has been over a 2 day period. There is no water in the oil. And no oil leaking around the gaskets.

When I tried to start it this a.M. I could hear sounds like water circulating and a light clicking sound which I don't remember hearing before.

Any advise you can give will be appreciated. Thanks, Wanda
Sunday, November 28th, 2010 AT 7:09 PM

ERNEST CLARK
The cooling system wouldn't have anything to do with the engine starting. However, when you had the service done, did you/they forget to reattach or plug something in? Go over everthing and double check.

Is there a check engine light on? If so, have the computer scanned. If not, check fuel pump pressure, fuel filter for blockage, fuel regulator for leaks, injectors for firing/spray pattern/flow.
Sunday, November 28th, 2010 AT 7:52 PM