I HAVE A 2002 HUNDYAI SANTA FE IT STARTED MAKING...

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe

Anonymous

January, 3, 2013 AT 12:37 AM

I have a 2002 Hundyai Santa Fe it started making load growling noise upon starting and driving the car and I can also feel the growling under my feet; it seems to deminish to an almost whisper as you continue driving but after turning the car off and sitting for a few hours it resumes. It had been leaking what I thought was oil but after having the oil changed he said it was not an engine oil leak.
It appears to have stopped leaking oil however this load noise still persists. I took it to mechanic (diagnoistic test)who said to replace powersteering pump which I had replaced probably 4 yrs ago. Took it to dealer for second opinion he found Power Steering Rack and Pinion(Drip) $1169.90, Power steering return line $307.00, Outer C/V boots torn $260.00 per side, Transfer Case leaking (drip)$360.00. I am in California does this sound right to you? HELP

DrCranknWrench

It is about the only source fo r that type of noise from that area. I am going to give you a diagnostic on this type of noise to help as I cannot definitavley say without being there. Just use the link below to get to it;

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-howling-noise

Power Steering Box Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Fluid Flush Acura MDX 2000-200
Power Steering Fluid Check Acura TSX