2002 Honda CRV AC/fan/heat

LYDIA VAZQUEZ
  • 2002 HONDA CRV
Ac was working great, all of a sudden I went to turn it on, and nothing. No fan, no ac, no heat. No noise of any kind. Checked all the fuses and all are fine. Going crazy, I'm in Florida, we need ac. If I take it to shop it will cost me an arm and leg. Please help, wanted to check the control panel but don't know how to remove it.
Friday, August 23rd, 2013 AT 5:47 PM

TY ANDERSON
Sounds like an electrical issue. Does the blower motor (fan inside vehicle) turn on when switched to any of the fan speeds?
-2
Friday, August 23rd, 2013 AT 6:33 PM
LYDIA VAZQUEZ
No, nothing turns on, no sound, nothing, only the lights work, I have switched it to ac/max, front, front/floor, I mean nothing. Thats why I thought it could be the knob it self, maybe a plug came loose, but I dont know how to take the panel out to check.

Thanks for responding so fast.

LYDIA
Friday, August 23rd, 2013 AT 6:51 PM
TY ANDERSON
I'm researching some information on this vehicle. I will have a response soon.
Friday, August 23rd, 2013 AT 7:32 PM
TY ANDERSON
I know you said you checked fuses but did you check the number 12 fuse in the fuse box located under the hood on the driver side it is a "40" amp fuse most likely green in color. If yes then check the blower motor relay locate in the same location as stated above. One way to check this blower motor relay is to swap it with another relay in the fuse box. This will rule out if the relay is defective. If this does not make the blower motor operate then try this. On the passenger side dash board on the very bottom side is the blower motor. Turn the ignition key on (engine off) then turn on the fan speed on high and hit the blower motor with a rubber mallet or something non-damaging to see if blower motor starts to operate. If it does then you probably have a bad blower motor if no change happens then further diagnostics is required (meaning electrical). Let me know if this helps or if you have any more questions.
Friday, August 23rd, 2013 AT 7:50 PM
LYDIA VAZQUEZ
Thank you so much for the info, I will def try everything you said tomorrow, my girls laughed at the hitting part, but I know what you meant. Thanks again, I will let you know if it worked.
Friday, August 23rd, 2013 AT 8:00 PM
LYDIA VAZQUEZ
Thank you for all the info. We did everything you said, but nothing worked. My brother came by and helped, he removed the Blower Resister, taking a chance we went and bought a new one, replaced it and thank the Lord that was the problem. It looked fine, but when he installed the new one it was like magic, turned it on and problem solved, ice cold ac again. Thank you again for all you suggestions.
Saturday, August 24th, 2013 AT 12:04 PM
TY ANDERSON
Absolutely! Good to hear it is fixed. The blower motor resistor is a common failure on a lot of vehicles I've worked on but it can only by tested the electrical tools (ie power probe or volt meter)
Saturday, August 24th, 2013 AT 12:37 PM