I HAVE NO HAZARD LIGHTS OR TURN SIGNALS. HAVE CHECKED ALL FUSES THEY ARE OK. NOT SURE WHAT CONTROLS THEM.

2002 Ford Focus

blueeyespdc

May, 5, 2012 AT 2:16 PM

Just got the car home from the shop and had no hazard flashers or turn signals.

Turn Signal Fuse

1 ANSWER
1 IMAGE

May, 5, 2012 AT 2:33 PM

The system goes through the Generic Electronic Module from the fuses and turn signal/hazard ight switches.

blueeyespdc

May, 5, 2012 AT 2:35 PM

What is that and where is it located?

May, 5, 2012 AT 2:42 PM

It is a small box for controlling a few functions and is located at right side A pillar.

blueeyespdc

May, 5, 2012 AT 2:54 PM

Do you have a diagram for the location of the relays in this. I cant find one anywhere. I have moved around the relays that are same and still nothing. Is there a seperate relay for hazards and turn signals

blueeyespdc

May, 5, 2012 AT 3:31 PM

There is not a relay in the GEm for the turn signals or hazard flasher. There is only a fuse and it is good. Also have changed the turn signal switch on the column still no turn signals or flashers. Any help?

May, 6, 2012 AT 2:48 PM

The GEM is a control unit by itself and do not have any relays that are detachable. You need to perform wiring and power supply checks. You mentioned getting the vehicle back from the shop. Waht was done at the shop and was problem there before sending it in?

Are you able to perform checks with a DVOM or test light?

blueeyespdc

May, 7, 2012 AT 1:30 PM

Had timing belt and water pump replaced.

May, 7, 2012 AT 1:47 PM

Did the hazard and turn signals work before the work?

blueeyespdc

May, 8, 2012 AT 6:11 AM

Yes as far as I know they did.

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro