Ford Focus cuts out like starved of fuel even with full tank

MATTCLARKE1972
  • 2002 FORD FOCUS

It will loose all power but if left for a few hours it will be fine for weeks or even months is this maybe speed sensor

Monday, October 31st, 2011 AT 9:40 PM

DRCRANKNWRENCH

It may be the fuel pump relay failing intermittently. The next time the car will not start, try to listen near the fuel tank for it to prime when the key is in the, "ON" position. The fuel pump comes on for a second or two to prime the fuel system when the key goes to the, "ON" position just before starting it. So, if the relay, or maybe even the pump, is starting to fail intermittently, you will not hear it prime when the key is in the, "ON" position. Of course to see the difference, try doing this when the car is running without issue and listen for the, "whirring" noise that the fuel pump makes when priming.
You can also have the trouble codes pulled by an Advance or Auto Zone parts store for free. This will help a lot to diagnose the problem.
When you get the outcome, let me know and I will reply ASAP.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 AT 2:38 AM