SPORT TRAC 4X4 PROBLEM

2002 Ford Explorer

chefsride

December, 20, 2010 AT 1:49 PM

I have a 2002 ford explorer sport trac and the 4 wheel drive is not working. When I start the car the lights on the dashboard for the 4WD do not light up. From what I have found this is probably the control module. How hard is it to replace this module and where is the module located.

Ben (Store Mgr. American Tire(Goodyear))

I have a 2002 Sport Trac and my 4x4 won't engage after several hrs of diag I found my control module was trying to engage(heard a clicking sound in rf kick panel). I then felt the actuator motor(located on transfer case) wasn't responding. I replaced it and it now works properly. I took my old motor and open it and it was locked up. I cleaned the armature with emery cloth and use dielectric grease on ends of the shaft gingerly and put it back together and it works. I feel the motor gets locked up and needs cleaned or replaced. Motor part # FMC1L5Z7G360B. Good luck to u all. If u want email me @ atc17@jenningstire. Com Ben

Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads