HORN BLOWS, HEADLIGHTS FLASH

2002 Dodge Ram

rarnold2012

June, 5, 2013 AT 8:25 AM

Horn blows, headlights flash. When truck is not running, and continues when started took it home 1 mile, got out of the truck blowing stopped. When I started it again the lights
were flashing but horn was not blowing. Started it again and the problem is gone. For now. The Battery is original. But starts fine. What do you think? Thanks, Bob

Docfixit

June, 5, 2013 AT 10:27 AM

Is there an alarm system on truck? Any other weird electrical happenings?

rarnold2012

June, 5, 2013 AT 2:48 PM

No alarm, or remote locking system

rarnold2012

June, 6, 2013 AT 11:43 AM

I'm am waiting for an answer, I should not have to wait so long !

Docfixit

June, 7, 2013 AT 8:27 AM

Sorry for delay this is not my job just do this when not working as all moderators do. Any warning lights on? Have had BATT load tested and ALT checked? Batt connections clean and tight? Any info would be helpful ie. Recent repairs ect.

rarnold2012

June, 7, 2013 AT 11:17 AM

Back to the problem. No warning lts on. Cleaned terminals and had load test on battery its ok, Alt is charging by gauge, had no electrical repairs. The truck hasen't had the problem since that one time. I'm trying to find out what happened so it don't happen again. Any more Ideas? Bob

I found the problem myself (TSB 08-016-02) in case another customer needs help