GRAND . ABS LIGHT AND EMERGENCY BRAKE LIGHT ON TOO.

2002 Dodge Caravan

maracuya68

February, 23, 2012 AT 2:35 AM

Replaced missing speed sensor on the front driver's side wheel. AAMCO free diagnose says codes 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 20 and 21. I don't trust AAMCO. Their mechanic says either all the sensors, the pump or ABS module could be wrong. They would cahrge close to $200 to diagnose. Any suggestions?

saturntech9

February, 23, 2012 AT 3:01 AM

I doubt all the speed sensors all went bad at the same time. Are you sure the codes do have a letter followed by more numbers?

maracuya68

February, 23, 2012 AT 3:05 AM

They just gave me those codes, AAMCO does not really want to diagnos for free. These lights started lighting up after the transmission and engine heads were replaced. One more clue OI just thought of. The automatic door locks (they lock the doors after you are going above 15 MPH) have stopped working. It makes sense that this is controlled by a speed sensor. Brake lights do work, speedometer works fine too.

saturntech9

February, 23, 2012 AT 5:30 PM

So after you had thr transmission replaced and the engines cylinder heads replaced the abs light has been on?You said something about a missing wheel speed sensor so that would have turned the abs light on also. So iam a little confused.

maracuya68

February, 23, 2012 AT 6:55 PM

After they did these things both lights came on. Then I noticed the speed sensor missing. Bought and installed new SS. After that AAmco and the rest of the story.

saturntech9

February, 24, 2012 AT 12:31 AM

Then the first thing I would look for is damaged or pinched wires etc. Where the transmission meets the engine etc.

maracuya68

February, 24, 2012 AT 2:18 AM

Makes sense, I will do that and report back

saturntech9

February, 24, 2012 AT 2:26 AM

That makes the most sense let me know what you find.

maracuya68

April, 22, 2012 AT 7:04 PM

Well, visual inspection led to no findings, Now the vehicle won't start and the ASD fuse keeps blowing, mechanic says the PCM is shorted and needs to be replaced. Does this sound correct?

saturntech9

April, 22, 2012 AT 10:16 PM

So did the van just suddenly stop starting and the asd fuse started blowing?Or did some event led up to this?Just trying to gwt all the facts.

maracuya68

April, 22, 2012 AT 10:21 PM

Other than the check engine, abs and brake lichts the car was running great, then on Friday, without any preamble, it stopped. I replaced the 15 amp fuse labled ASD, and as soon as I started cranking, it blew again, three fuses later, I think there might be a short. Mechanic removes fuse box and wiring harness but there is no chaffing or broken wires, he tests the harness terminal and then decides the PCL is in short.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Mercedes ML
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/rotor Replacement - Front
Replace Rear Brake Pad-Rotor Subaru Legacy