Water pump leak 2.7L weep hole

EPEPIN2
  • 2002 CHRYSLER SEBRING
Where is the weep hole for water pump on a 02 sebring 2.7L eng.
Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011 AT 1:08 AM

The weep hole is on the water pump here is a guide and a diagrams below to help show you what you are in for when changing it out.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/water-pump-replacement

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers
Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011 AT 5:53 AM
LILBMF@HOTMAIL.COM
  • 2000 CHRYSLER SEBRING
Will a compresion test on radiator system tell exactly where rhe leak is and tell if water pump is pumping enough water?
Monday, October 1st, 2018 AT 10:56 AM (Merged)
What's the problem here? Overheating! You cannot do a compression test on the radiator-but a cooling system pressure tester will-
MHPAUTOS
A cooling system pressure test will help locate any external coolant leak, do you have coolant loss problems?
LILBMF@HOTMAIL.COM
The pressure test passed. No im not loosing fluid. The shop said all is fine except it still reaches boiling temps. They said try replacing radiator. Last year I did the chemical dip and was told that was not the problem. Any other ideas
SKSILVER
  • 1999 CHRYSLER SEBRING
  • 158 MILES
The heater core is out on my car and the radiator fluid is also leaking out of the tube under the intake manifold (i think I said that right). Does anyone know what size 0 rings I need to get for a 1999 chrysler sebring lxi 2.5 L v6?
FREEMBA
No sure of the size, but a bit of advice, get them from the dealer if possible. Getting them elsewhere gets a bit shaky.

For instance, if those O-rings have caused enough problems on enough vehicles, then a parts store might carry them OR if you take the O-ring into the parts store they may have one which fits "pretty close" (you won't know until you've installed it and crossing your fingers hoping it doesn't leak, actually works). So to avoid all this. Dealership! It not very expensive, about $2 here. Hopefully the same or less where you are.
SKSILVER
Thank you for your help.
FREEMBA
You're welcome SKsilver,

Please post the results of your repairs here, for future reference.

Thanks.
SKSILVER
We finally found the right o-rings (ever place calls them something different) at O'reilly's after checking all the parts store in town, but they won't be in until morning. So I'll let you all know what happens after they get them put on tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
JAMESD34TH
  • 2005 CHRYSLER SEBRING
I have a 2005 chrysler sebring and it over heats quickly when driving with the ac on. Furthermore If I do not have ac on and my car is slightly tilted to the right for long periods of time with the engine running it will over heat in the same manner. The only way it will cool down when over heated is to turn the car completely off for hours and after that there is a large pool of water that leaks out the right side from under the hood. Other than that it runs fine with no ac on and gets to half way mark on temp.
Pressure check coolant system to find leak it may be head gasket or a bad radiator as well
IBN
  • 2002 CHRYSLER SEBRING
How much is it to install a water pump in a 2002 chrysler sebring?
DOCFIXIT
6.3 hours so if rate is $90 hr then $567
HOLLAND0226
  • 2002 CHRYSLER SEBRING
My car is a 2002 Chrysler Sebring sedan. It was leaking on the floor of our garage. About two weeks ago it had the transmission flushed so we thought it was done incorrectly and took it back to the place that did the flushing. They said it was the water pump that needed to be replaced and it would cost $1100.00, along with replacing the hoses around it. We called the dealership and they estimated $885, without the other hoses and without seeing it. Both recommended towing it if we were to move it so it doesn't burst and ruin the engine if we drive it elsewhere. Help, what do you think?
DAVE H
A water pump from dealer OEM part = $107
7 hours labor for 6 cylinder sedan = $350@$50p/h
= $457-00 .

This all depends on what your shop charges for labor?

If it is a major leak. I would have it towed. If it's only leaking slowly. Top it up and drive to shop. A few miles is fine. Not to the other side of the state?
CHARLESM49@YAHOO.COM
  • 1999 CHRYSLER SEBRING
Need help on why my car will not start after changeing water pump. Have no spark to the plugs when I pulled them out what could be the problem
Monday, October 1st, 2018 AT 10:57 AM (Merged)
BMRFIXIT
Check fuses
check relays (ASD) relay
check crank sensor
check timing marks

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_chrys_1.jpg

BILL3519
  • 2001 CHRYSLER SEBRING
I replaced the crankshaft sensor, and by doing the ignition trick of on and off, I get the following diagnostic codes. P0340 ( camshaft position sensor ), P1388 ( Auto shutdown (ASD) ), P0622 ( Alternator field improper switching ), P1289 ( Mamifold tune valve solenoid circuit ), P1282 fuel pump relay control circuit. I bought another camshaft position sensor, but haven't replaced it yet, because for some reason I don't feel that is the source of not starting. This car has the 2.7l engine, and turns over easily, and will act like it is trying to start when I first turn on the ignition, but then just turns over and over. If I leave the upper manifold off, and try starting I do get flames up through the ports.
I do remember there was a ground wire bolted to the right side head, on the transmission end, but I have looked and looked and for some reason I cannot find the wire with the eyelet to bolt back to the head. I don't know if not having this ground wire attached could be the problem. I don't know what the ground wire came from. I am a 60 year old amateur mechanic, and this is the first time I have ever replaced a head, but other than that, I am pretty confident about most of the basics. I tripled checked the position of the timing chain, so that all the marks on the camshafts and crankshaft were properly lined up with the marks on the chain.
ASEMASTER6371
First, do a compression test to verify the compression. Did you double check your timing marks?

If you leave off the manifold, the motor will run away and most likey fail.

Start with basics first, compression, fuel pressure and spark.