WATERPUMP REMOVEAL QUESTION

• debbie64
  • 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer

Hi I am checking to see what needs to be taken off in order to replace my waterpump on my trailblazer, meaning besides the shroud what else needs to be taken off, the hood latch, front of grill etc doesnt need to be taken off does it as we r trying to take off the shroud but it is a tight fits Please help Thanks

Monday, November 28th, 2011 AT 7:27 PM

• debbie64

Also if there is a diagram some place to look at this would be so helpful Thanks not a mechanic as u can tell just trying to get my vehical going again Thanks Again

Monday, November 28th, 2011 AT 7:28 PM
  • fixitmr

What motor?

Monday, November 28th, 2011 AT 7:59 PM
  • fixitmr

Here's basic rundown. Disconnect battery, drain coolant, remove fan shroud, fan clutch, and water pump pulley. Remove water pump, clean mating surface on block. Apply RTV sealant to both sides of new gasket, install water pump and torque bolts to proper torque, install pump pulley and torque to proper setting. Remainder of procedure is reverse of removal.

Monday, November 28th, 2011 AT 8:04 PM