CHEVY SIVERADO CRUISE CONTROL NOT WORKING

2002 Chevrolet Silverado

linemaninaz

November, 6, 2011 AT 6:32 PM

The cruise will not work. Fuses are good. I did the electrical tests at the servo and they are all correct according to my manual. Is there any other tests I can try before buying a new servo.

November, 6, 2011 AT 6:35 PM

Check the cruise control circuit on the brake switch-if defective the cruise control won't come on.

linemaninaz

November, 6, 2011 AT 6:42 PM

Where do I check that at?

linemaninaz

November, 6, 2011 AT 6:47 PM

I forgot to say that the cruise light on the dash blinks when I try to set it. But it only does this one time.

November, 9, 2011 AT 12:09 PM

Symptom description indicates an electrical fault and I agree with Rasmataz about the brake switch.

On the brake pedal there is a bracket with a stopper. Where it rest is the brake switch. It has 4 wires, 2 for the brake lights and the other 2 for the cruise control.

When brake pedal is depressed, the brake light circuit would have continuity whereas the cruise control circuit would be open. They work in reverse order.

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Open Hood Video
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Blend Door Actuator Replacement