OVERDRIVE CLUNKING WHEN ON CRUISE CONTROL

1993 Chevrolet Silverado

stutter13

December, 10, 2011 AT 2:05 AM

1993 SILVERADO 1500 ext cab. Driving down highway at 75 mph with cruz control on and I go to go up a hill and over drive trys to kick on and there is like a clunk noise and losses speed and when gas petal is hit there is a clicking noise. I stop and look and dont see nothing and it drives fine. Start to go up next hill and it happens again. I has snowed for 3 days and wouldnt start due to cold and battery. I want to know why the overdirve is not workin in cruz control. I am thinking has something to do with the moisture and coldness. Thank you

December, 10, 2011 AT 2:44 AM

Check the transmission fluid level and condition-start here

Dr Loot

December, 10, 2011 AT 2:51 AM

That truck has a 4L60 transmission with a lockup torque converter. It is a common problem that the lockup torque converter solenoid is nonfunctional you will need to take it to a transmission shop

stutter13

December, 10, 2011 AT 2:57 AM

Thanks guys. Even though it seeems to kick in when I dont have the cruz on?

saturntech9

December, 10, 2011 AT 3:38 AM

Just to add to this one when pulling a hill with the cruise control set at a certain speed it is possible that it just wont shift into overdrive because of the hill and the fact the cruise control is trying its hardest to hold that set speed. If it only happens with the cruise on and pulling a hill then thats probably why.

Dr Loot

December, 10, 2011 AT 5:00 AM

Either that or the engine is worn and incapable of holding the torque on the hill

Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Open Hood Video
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon