MY FRONT POWER OUTLETS ARE NOT WORKING

2002 Buick Rendezvous

Anonymous

November, 3, 2012 AT 4:20 AM

My front power outlets are not working. I checked the fuses and they are not blown. What could be the problem, and how do I fix it?

Wiring Issue?

November, 3, 2012 AT 4:22 AM

Its odd for both sockets to fail at once.

I would re check each fuse with a test light to verify

DrCranknWrench

November, 3, 2012 AT 4:24 AM

The connections might have come undone. You could have posibly tugged on the wire harness or a tech could have done it while working on it. Either way it is something that needs to be eliminated from possiblities to diagnose. You will have to remove the trim panels around the sockets to access the back of them to check if the terminals are connected. They are genrally held in with body pins that you simply pull on gently and the panel will pop out or there will be trim screws that are sometimes covered with small plugs that must be removed to remove the screw and then remove the panel.

DrCranknWrench

November, 3, 2012 AT 4:24 AM

Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Radiator Coolant Drain and Refill Mini Cooper
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Acura TL
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front Ford