My car won't pass inspection due to incomplete catalyst and evaporative codes.

WABEL2775
  • 2002 BUICK CENTURY
  • 120 MILES
My car has two codes not allowing a pass on Texas state inspection. They are evaporative and catalyst incomplete. What do I need to do to clear them. I have replaced all the vacuum lines on the pcv system including the valve itself. I also replaced the MAF sensor and purge valve solenoid. After doing the work I had a global clear codes done at Advance Auto. They also recomended disconnecting the battery. Now I have no Check engine light but it will not pass inspection due to having more than one incomplete code. What now?
Thursday, October 13th, 2011 AT 4:09 PM

DAN_K
Put it through a complete drive cycle to clear the P1000 code. Drive it for about 10 or so miles to reset this - especially if the battery has been disconnected. A complete drive cycle (at city and highway speeds) will reset the parameters if no other faults are present.
Thursday, October 13th, 2011 AT 4:29 PM
WABEL2775
I have driven it multiple times up to 200 miles. When I took it back to get the inspection done it still had those codes. The tech recommended I put gas in the car between 1/2 and 3/4 tank and come back. I did this and still the same codes. What Now? Is there a special test or process I need to do?
Thursday, October 13th, 2011 AT 4:47 PM
DAN_K
Do you remember the specific codes? If you could provide the Pxxx #'s, this would help.
Thursday, October 13th, 2011 AT 5:19 PM
WABEL2775
The scanner I used did not give number codes that I can remember. The two codes the scanner returned before repairs were lean on both banks which they said was most likely the MAF sensor or a massive vacuum leak. Also the purge valve solenoid which was also replaced along with the MAF and all the vacuum lines involved with the PCV circuit. Now when I go to the sho for the inspection their computer reads incomplete on evaporative and catalyst. What do I need to do to reset the incomplete codes?
Thursday, October 13th, 2011 AT 5:41 PM
DAN_K
The code #'s (DTCs) would be very helpful in order for me to provide accurate advice, I'm afraid.
-1
Thursday, October 13th, 2011 AT 10:51 PM