TIMING MARKS OF THE TIMING BELT

• renato gomes
  • 2001 Volvo S40

Hi I would to get the correct position of the timing marks of the timing belt. (All marks, e.G: tdc and valves.

motor 1.6

yv1vs10k31f720201

Friday, August 31st, 2012 AT 5:09 PM

• KHLow2008

See if these are the correct diagrams.

Friday, August 31st, 2012 AT 6:13 PM
  • DrCranknWrench

Attached is diagram

Friday, August 31st, 2012 AT 6:27 PM
  • DrCranknWrench

Sorry I believe, KHLOW has the proper diagrams for the 1.6L engine

Friday, August 31st, 2012 AT 6:28 PM
  • renato gomes

Hi I need to remove the belt (that is not a problem at all!) The problem is that we also need to remove the gears( were the belt moves, and then how do we know what is the correct position of the news ones. Should be some diagram for that correct? Cheers

Friday, August 31st, 2012 AT 7:51 PM
  • KHLow2008

If the diagrams are not correct, they are similar. Before removing the belts, make sure you turn the crankshaft till you have the marks lined up accordingly.

After installation, manually turn the crankshaft 2 turns clockwise and recheck the marks. If they are off, it means you have not installed them correctly.

Friday, August 31st, 2012 AT 7:57 PM
  • renato gomes

O the disgram is correct, but the geari mention is the crankshaft and the camshaft gears that I need to replace too. : (

Friday, August 31st, 2012 AT 8:01 PM
  • KHLow2008

Why do you need to replace the gears? If you have to, after removing the gears, reinstall them and turn them to the correct position for installing the belt. No difference.

Friday, August 31st, 2012 AT 9:16 PM
  • JIS001

There is no guide on the cams to install the gears if you remove them. You will need the cam lock tool to lock cams in place. If the cams are not in there correct position you could damage the valves because vehicle is not properly timed. You can look for the tool online but will run you somewhere between $300-$600 dollars. The tool will come with the cam and crank lock. F you are trying to remove the exhaust cvvt and intake cam gear for an oil leak then replace the cvvt hub also along with the seals. Those things always start to leak after 100k miles. I Hope these info helps and good luck to you.

Sunday, September 2nd, 2012 AT 11:54 PM
  • KHLow2008

Thanks for the info JIS001, it slipped my mind about the VVT gear.

Monday, September 3rd, 2012 AT 1:01 PM