MY CAR IS OVERHEATING BUT THE WATER PUMP WORKS ...

• jaredcowell
  • 2001 Saturn SL1

My car is overheating but the water pump works the thermostat was just changed the thermostat sensor works what else could make my car overheat holds coolant I don't have another solutions.

Wednesday, January 9th, 2013 AT 4:00 AM

• Jacobandnickolas

Have you had the cooling system flushed? The radiator may be plugged.

Wednesday, January 9th, 2013 AT 5:02 AM
  • sifi

Have you bled the air out of the thermostat housing

Saturday, January 19th, 2013 AT 8:17 AM
  • saturntech9

Those cars don't trap air they self purge as long as the coolant level is full there isn't any air. If the coolant temp sensor is working correctly what is the actual temp the radiator fan coming on at?The temp gauge can't be trusted because there is only one temp sensor for the gauge and the computer. Does the radiator fan come on with the ac on if the ac works?When the radaitor fan is on is there a lo of air being pulled thru the radiator? When does it overheat?Stop and go traffic around town freeway?Does your car still have its air dam?If that's missing it will overheat under certain driving conditions. Did you check the coolant temp sensor connector for being corroded its common on those cars.

Sunday, January 20th, 2013 AT 4:49 PM
  • Erickkwilliams

Could be clogged radiator remove radiator and flush with garden hose several times. See if any junk comes out if it does you may even need to get a new radiator. If that's not the problem my assumptions would be a blown head gasket

Saturday, January 24th, 2015 AT 6:26 AM