01 STALLS WHEN PUT IN DRIVE

2001 Saturn SL1

lp389

August, 17, 2011 AT 2:07 AM

I have a 2001 SL1 Saturn. The car wasn't going into reverse, so I found another transmission and changed it. Now, it stalls when I put it into drive. I've checked the shift solenoids and they were fine. Connections are fine. I flushed the cooling system (even though that has nothing to do with the transmission). I checked the codes and nothing was showing up.

I'm lost. Any ideas?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

saturntech9

August, 17, 2011 AT 3:09 AM

How did you check the shift solenoids?So does it die the second you put it in gear?What year and model transmission is the transplant transmission from?Have you checked all the fuses especially the tcc fuse?

lp389

August, 17, 2011 AT 3:22 AM

I checked them with a multi meter. It does stall right when it's in gear. It's the same model as the original transmission. Yes, I checked all the fuses. I just figured out that I may have pinched the end of the connection between the transmission and the engine when putting it back together. Could that be the problem?

saturntech9

August, 17, 2011 AT 3:27 AM

The tcc and other gears when they lose power to them the tcc etc is engaged there electricaly off meaning no power there on. So yes that could be the problem keep posted after you repair the wires.