FREEZE PLUGS

2001 Pontiac Grand Am

revgregdavidson

November, 15, 2013 AT 8:30 AM

Hey guys. Where are the freeze plugs on a 2001 pontiac grand-am? My wife drove the car and it developed a leak. During a cold night the other night, it seemed that the hoses were frozen. The car had leaked over a gallon before it froze. Over the next couple of days it thawed out and I replaced the antifreeze and thought I had stopped the leak around a hose. The car runs very good and has original power. Last night she drove it and when she pulled in the driveway, steam was coming from under the hood. I could not tell where it was coming from. It seemed to be coming from around the middle but it was under the cover that says 2400. The car still starts and runs but I am afraid to let her drive it until I stop the leak. Can you help?

Jacobandnickolas

November, 15, 2013 AT 8:39 AM

First, remove the cover so you can get a better look at where the problem may be coming from. If you still can't locate it, you need to pressurize the cooling system when the engine is cold so you can locate the leak. Basically, you pump pressure into the system. Most parts stores will lend or rent the tool to you.

Check it that way and let me know what you find.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn LS1
Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW 5 Series
Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe 2015
Engine Oil Change and Filter GMC Sierra