JUST HAD THE FUEL PUMP ASSEMBLY REPLACED ON A ...

2001 Lincoln Continental

Crawfocsit

December, 15, 2012 AT 1:09 AM

Just had the fuel pump assembly replaced on a 2001 Lincoln continental. It died and got towed to our garage - mechanic said it was pulling 0 pressure. Just picked it up and it seems to be running a bit rough idle-wise. Does the computer have to relearn using a new fuel pump? Just curious

Jacobandnickolas

December, 15, 2012 AT 1:12 AM

No, there is no relearn for the fuel pump. Check to make sure the tech didn't knock off a vacuum hose or something when working on it.

December, 15, 2012 AT 1:14 AM

If the battery was disconnected when they replaced the fuel pump the idle air control valve has to relearn the target idle speed-keep driving it till it relearns the idle speed-

December, 15, 2012 AT 1:15 AM

Bouncing heads there buddy, is it just you and me-too bad we can't tell

Crawfocsit

December, 15, 2012 AT 1:22 AM

Thanks so much gentlemen. Kind of thought that the idle might need to be re-educated. I'm going to drive it most of tomorrow so if the problem doesn't disappear then my mechanic will see me first thing Monday: -) Specially after what I just got charged for this repair. Youch.
Again thanks for the help - both good ideas.
Craig

Jacobandnickolas

December, 15, 2012 AT 1:30 AM

Hope we helped.

December, 15, 2012 AT 1:42 AM

No problem, that's what we here for to help-keep us posted

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Cylinder Head Valve Job Guide
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230