LEFT FRONT SPEAKER DOES NOT WORK

• dluck1993
  • 2001 Kia Optima

I have a crappy 2001 Kia Opti - I know it is due to something wrong with the wiring so how would I go about fixing it? Thanks

My right front speaker works so I already tried switching it out for the left-front to see if it was the speaker and not the wiring and it still didnt work.

My left-front speaker does have a tweeter and I can still hear sound from it but I think it might be blown but nevertheless I can hear sound from it, I cannot hear any sound at all from the actual speaker itself. I checked all the fuses and they are all fine. Its only the left-front speaker that doesnt work.

Sunday, November 20th, 2011 AT 1:04 AM

• rasmataz

Could be a problem with the built-in amplifier

Sunday, November 20th, 2011 AT 1:08 AM
  • dluck1993

Built-in amp? I put in a new head unit and also put in 4 new speakers, its just annoying that my driver side speaker doesnt work.

Sunday, November 20th, 2011 AT 1:10 AM
  • saturntech9

Just to add to this one do you have a factory amp if you do it will be at right front of the trunk?Or a aftermarket amp?

Sunday, November 20th, 2011 AT 1:17 AM
  • dluck1993

I am assuming that I have a factory amp? Because I did not put in an aftermarket one. Hmmm, didnt know that the factory amp is located there. Just to be clear, all I did with the sound system was 1) Put in a new head unit and 2) Put in new coaxial speakers. The problem with the left-front speaker occured both during factory and aftermarket stereo play. Thanks

Monday, November 21st, 2011 AT 12:15 AM
  • saturntech9

So was there an amp where I said?Let me know so I can help you further.

Monday, November 21st, 2011 AT 12:32 AM
  • dluck1993

You said at the right front of the trunk? I took off both wheel covers in the trunk and didnt find anything. Im not sure from which direction you mean "right-front". Does that mean when you are facing the trunk? But I did find some wires on the left-front of the trunk (same side as antenna) but I couldnt see what the harness was plugged into. It seems like the harder I try to do something with this car, the harder it fights back.

Tuesday, November 22nd, 2011 AT 1:00 AM
  • saturntech9

It would be on the passenger side towards the rear seat.

Tuesday, November 22nd, 2011 AT 1:03 AM
  • dluck1993

Hmmm, ok I will check again. Is it very big or would it be easily missed?

Tuesday, November 22nd, 2011 AT 3:50 AM
  • saturntech9

Iam not sure of the size but let me know so we can go onto checking the speaker wires.

Tuesday, November 22nd, 2011 AT 4:45 PM
  • dluck1993

I looked everywhere on that side and even on the other side and I did not find anything.

Wednesday, November 23rd, 2011 AT 12:10 AM