WHITE SMOKE

2001 Honda Civic

importtuner

November, 24, 2013 AT 12:39 AM

Ok so yesterday I was going to drive the car but as soon as I put it in gear and only drove like 5ft there was a loud bang sound like a bomb went off and then there was a lot of white smoke coming out of the exhaust system. So is the head gasket blown or what happened to the car?

hmac300

November, 24, 2013 AT 6:17 AM

Pressure check the coolant system for leaks if it'as ahead gasket it should show up. It could also have been a backfire

importtuner

November, 24, 2013 AT 5:48 PM

I put the car in the garage yesterday and today I ran it and it still has white smoke coming out of the exhaust and I also noticed two large oil spots under the car that were not there before I put the car in the garage. The oil is coming from two different sides of the of the engine, from the left and the right side of the oil pan, but I haven't been able to find the direct source of the leaks yet.

hmac300

November, 25, 2013 AT 6:30 AM

Once you find the leaks clean themof with choke cleaner or brake clean and then runthe car it may be the head gasket. Do what I said in first suggestion

Replacing Head Gasket
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla