1. Jack the vehicle up and support with proper jack stands.
2. Have a helper hold the brake pedal while you loosen the Axle Shaft Nut. This usually requires a large socket (30mm or larger) and impact wrench.
3. Remove the brake caliper and brake rotor. Use string or a plastic tie to hang the caliper up and out of the way.
4. Unplug ABS sensor (if applicable)
5. Unbolt the hub flange. The hub may come free from the axle shaft easily, if not, use a gear puller or similar tool that pulls on the hub while pushing on the axle shaft. DO NOT try to drive the axle out with a hammer, this could ruin your axle CV joints.
Reverse order to install.
Sunday, November 14th, 2010 AT 5:05 AM