2001 FOCUS SE WON'T TURN OVER

• Devries76
  • 2001 FORD FOCUS

My 2001 ford focus wagon SE won't turn over. I have power, battery seems fine but it won't turn over, no clicking or other noises. Happened yesterday morning (20 below temperature) as well, it started but when I shut it off and tried a minute later I got nothing. I disconnected the battery and let it sit for a 30 minutes to see if it would reset some car theft security thing or something and then it started. Last night I moved the car into the driveway and when I tried an hour later it had the same problem and this morning it still doesn't start. Any suggestions?

Saturday, January 22nd, 2011 AT 6:15 PM

• RAYMOND

I HAVE RAN INTO THIS SAME SITUATION ON A FOCUS COUPE FOUND CORROSION UNDER THE 100 AMP FUSE IN THE UNDERHOOD FUSE PANEL.

Saturday, January 22nd, 2011 AT 6:44 PM
  • Rasmataz

Could be the starter, starter relay, transmission position switch and ignition switch assuming the battery condition and connections are good.

Saturday, January 22nd, 2011 AT 8:16 PM