I HIT GAS PEDAL THEN STALLED

2001 Ford Crown Victoria

crownvicky2001

May, 19, 2012 AT 12:46 AM

Car was tapping when I hit gas pedal then stalled and wouldnt start next day was tapping VERY loud, then stopped! Now car is running great?2 of my mechanics are stumped please help? I have a police 2001 vic I maintained it well. I had got some gas on this day, and drove to work all was fine, then when I was driving home, I drove about 15minutes on the turnpike about 65-70mph. The engine was tapping when I hit the gas, pretty loud and fast tapping I was at about 65 mph, I pulled over immediatly, and when I was in the shoulder slowing down the car stalled and wouldnt start again.

the next day my mechanic said it started but was tapping or knocking sooooooo VERY loud he was unsure if he was gonna make it across the street, cause it was very loud. Then he started it again and it was fine, then started it again and the very loud tapping or knocking was there again, this happened a couple times. Now I took the car back its been 3 weeks and it been running so good and quiet in the city? They have no clue what happened? I almost got rid of the car to a junk yard for soooooo little money! Cause we thought the engine seized. It obviosly didnt? BAD GAS? IS MY GUESS FROM OTHER PEOPLES SIMILIAR
PROBLEMS? Someone with knowledge please help me I dont know what to do. OH we had problems with this particular gas before. Sorry its a little long.

May, 19, 2012 AT 12:53 AM

I guess it is something with the camshaft or the followers. Was the oil level ever low?

crownvicky2001

May, 19, 2012 AT 12:58 AM

I had just got an oil change a week before this happened. Right before it stalled the oil pressure was at 0, like the car wasnt even started. Then it stalled shortly after

May, 19, 2012 AT 1:00 AM

You have something going on inside of the engine. Did you have anyone check this for you?

crownvicky2001

May, 19, 2012 AT 1:04 AM

All my mechanic did was pull a spark plug thats all! And its been running great for like 3 weeks so far, what do I tell another mechanic to check? You know what I mean? Its fine now but for how long? Is bad gas ruled out?

May, 19, 2012 AT 1:11 AM

You dont tell the tech, he tells you. Explain to him what happened and let him do his thing

crownvicky2001

May, 19, 2012 AT 1:15 AM

Ok, would u recommend a ford dealer? I know they sre going to rape me, I reallt dont want to do a dealer, but I dont know any other mechanics. Can u recomend one for me> im from jersey city nj?

May, 19, 2012 AT 2:41 AM

DIFFERENT GUY

JUST SOME IDEAS

SEE MY LAST ANSWER ON THIS POST

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2007-chrysler-aspen-approximate-160000-miles-on-inform-by-dealer-that-need-engi

KEEP US INFORMED

crownvicky2001

May, 19, 2012 AT 3:09 AM

I really appreciate your help but I really dont have the time to make all these calls and questions between work, travel, my daughter, ect. But I thank u for your reply. Im almost sick of this situation I need this car badly, and there is really no straight direct answer to my problem that happened 3 weeks ago. My original post said 2 of my mechanics, but I just remembered it was 3. If it threw a check e light that would have helped me. But it didnt

May, 19, 2012 AT 3:14 AM

WAS JUST TRYING TO KEEP YOU AWAY FROM THE STEALERSHIP, SORTA AS YOU REQUESTED

GOOD LUCK. AND MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

crownvicky2001

May, 19, 2012 AT 3:41 AM

Thanks, I definitly wont go to the stealership. And also with u! Anyone esle with some needed advice or help